I am always curious about stuff. I love learning and often wonder what makes something tick.
Recently I have been wondering about trap music.
I realised I didn't know what is was or what made it 'trap' and not any other genre or style.
So I am going to start on a journey of learning about trap music.
Starting my journey towards trap music mastery
So like most newbies and educational enthusiasts I am going to start with a list of questions that I hope to answer in my research.
So what are my questions?
- What is trap music?
- When did trap music start?
- Who started it?
- Where did it get it's name from?
- Who were/are the big names in trap music?
- What makes it trap music?
- How do you make a trap beat?
- Are there trap chord progressions?
- What tools do trap artists use?
- What structure do you use in trap music?
I think that about sums up my questions. I am sure that more will pop up as I go along.
I am very aware that the last few questions might bring up quite a considerable amount of new questions; best trap bass, best trap drums etc.
I am going to be learning out loud with this so as I do my research I will post it here so we can all learn together and hopefully we can all, by the end of this, be masters of trap music.
I want it to be like in the Matrix when Neo plugs in and learns kungfu.